Tue, 29 Mar|
Work Safely at Heights
RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights training
Time & Location
29 Mar 2022, 7:30 am – 2:30 pm AEDT
HRWS, 3 Maxwell St, Moonah TAS 7009, Australia
About the event
Outcome: Nationally recognised statement of atttainment and competency card
Course Duration: 6-8 hours (experience, competency and class size dependent)
Location: Onsite or offsite, statewide
Pre-requisites: Must be 16 years of age and possess good language, literacy and numeracy skills
What to bring: USI Number (https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi). Biscuits, tea, coffee and drinks are provided. There are many takeaway food options nearby or feel free to bring your own lunch
PPE requirements: Safety boots, long pants and Hi Vis short/long sleeve shirt.
- WHS Act 2012, Regulations, COP’s, A/S
- Risk Assessment, SWMS, JSA’s
- Hierarchy of Control
- Fall prevention devices (passive/active)
- Work positioning systems and ladders
- Fall restraint versus fall arrest
- Heights equipment Inspection and maintenance
- Anchor points, anchor slings, karabiners
- Type 1 and type 2 fall arrest devices
- Horizontal/vertical lifelines
- Fall clearance distances
- Suspension trauma and rescue techniques
- Identify work requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Access and install equipment
- Perform work at heights
- Clean up work area
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to work safety at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work at heights.
Working Safely at Heights is essential when working in Hobart & Launceston, and can be required in Tasmania.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the unit.